Monday, February 2, 2009

Turkey Bread


Ok, this is one of the recipes I had before Christmas that I wanted to post because it is sooo yummy. I decided to make it today since Scott had some teeth pulled and has to have soft food. Basically, all you need is 1/2 to 1 pound (depending on how much you want) of ground turkey, a pizza crust (the kind in a tube, I like Pillsbury), and a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

While I brown the turkey, I spray a cookie sheet with some non-stick spray (we have the Crisco olive oil spray), and lay out the pizza crust. After I drain the turkey, I place it on the pizza crust and then place the shredded cheese right on top of that.

Then, you have to fold the crust around the stuffing. I just pull in the corners and pinch them together. Then, you put in the oven and bake according to the directions on the crust, which is usually 425 degress for about 12 mintues. You can flip the entire thing halfway if you like too.


I know it might look a little funny, but once that thing comes out of the oven and you cut it open, it is nothing but yummy goodness!!!
I got this recipe while I was student teaching. During speech, the kids did demonstration speeches and one girl did this for hers. She said her grandmother makes this all the times and made the recipe up. I have never googled it to check, because I really don't care- it's just yummy!

3 comments:

Tristan said...

HI! I came over from "after matrimony"!

Love this recipe, must try it!!

Kim & Ryan said...

oh my goodness.... that looks delicious! When hubs gets home, we are trying it.
Thanks for sharing!

etta said...

I think Tristan meant "Adventures in Holy Matrimony"... aka my place! :) Thanks for mentioning me in your blog the other day. This recipe looks pretty tasty. We may have to try it next week!