Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cleaning: Windows

Saturday was the perfect day for me to finish off my Spring Cleaning checklist. I only had one task left: cleaning the inside and outside of all the windows. Now, this is no small feat for me. We have a total of 15 windows in our small home, so it took me quite a while. I waited until now to do this because it has been soooo rainy this Spring in our neck of the woods.

So, first off, I started with the inside. We have wood blinds in most of the rooms in the house, so this was the perfect opportunity to dust them. After that I used my homemade window cleaner and newspaper to clean the windows. It works great! After I did all the inside windows, I ventured outside. I filled a bucket with warm water and a little bit of my green works cleaner, grabbed the window cleaner, a rag, and my newspaper and headed out. I have to have a step ladder to reach our windows outside, so it took me some time to move from window to window, but I basically cleaned the screens with the water and rag, then cleaned the tops and bottoms of all the windows. It is sooooo worth all the hassle in the end when the sunlight filters in through clean glass!








No comments: