Saturday, May 30, 2009

Organizing: My Cookbook

I love to try new recipes and have some favorites from family and friends. A while back I started to put all my recipes together in a binder. This has helped tremendously when I try to find something... So, here she is, and this is where she lives...
Photobucket Photobucket
Isn't she cute? I tried to mimic a cookbook my mother-in-law gave me a few Christmases ago...
Photobucket Photobucket
She typed out all of her kids' favorite meals from when they were little and compiled them in books for my sister in laws and myself. It is one of the best gifts I have ever gotten.

So, like she did, I divided the recipes into categories: Poultry, Beef/Veal, Pork, Seafood, Vegetarian, Sides, Desserts, Drinks, and Snacks.
Photobucket

Most of my recepies come from magazines I read (Real Simple, Kraft Food and Family) or cooking shows I watch (Everyday Italian, Barefoot Contessa, Tyler's Ultimate). If they are cut out of a magazine, I just insert the whole page into a page protector. If it is from a show, I write the recipe down, type it out, and print it. When I make it, I take a pic and then insert it in the file. I keep all of those in documents on the PC too.
Photobucket Photobucket

I also keep lists and helpful hints in the front of the binder... like organizing and money saving tips, or the recipes for my cleaning supplies.
Photobucket Photobucket

So, there she is- my awesome (to me) recipe binder.

2 comments:

etta said...

I have a cookbook, too! Mine is bright pink. I've been slacking on getting recipes typed up. I have a huge stack of Taste of Home that I need to go through.

Kim said...

very nice idea. I have a recipe book that I write in recipes when I make them but I don't have a good system for those that I want to make. I don't put them in a book unless they turned out good and I want to make it again.