Monday, June 29, 2009

Saving Money: The Library

For my very first addition to Monday Money-Saving tips, I would like to post one that I just recently found and enjoy...
Photobucket
my library card!! Yes, I love to read and I also love to save money, so I don't know why it took me soooo long to just get my butt to the library. Well, maybe it's because when I find a book I like I really want to have it for my collection, but with all the books I currently have and the space I don't- that's just not a good option anymore. Also, there are a lot of books I want to read (especialy the ones on my 101 list) that I may not like anyway, so this gave me the excuse to just go for it.

The process is not hard- just show them your driver's license and a piece of mail or utility bill and you get a FREE library card. I figure I pay taxes for the library anyway, so I might as well take advantage of it, right? And my library is awesome! It's so close too- just down the street really. I could walk to it easily. I will definitely be taking my kids there when I have some... and I have been there almost weekly since getting my card a few months ago. It's a great place to read the paper too, so you don't have to buy one of those everyday. I realize some people don't have access to a library because all towns do not have one (I grew up in the country and we didn't), but you can still purchase a membership at most libraries if you do not live in their district, which would still save you money in the long run.

So, if you don't have one already... get your booty to the library and get a card!!! It could potentially save you hundred of $$- no more buying newspaper subscriptions or going to the bookstore.

1 comment:

Coree said...

Good tip! I always forget about going to the library.