Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Living Room: A Nice Breeze!

After 5 1/2 years, my husband gave in, climbed up in the attic, and installed a fan in the living room!
I have been begging for this for a loooonnnngggg time.  There are two light switches by our door, but one of them went to nothing.  Odd.  We also have no lighting in the room except for a floor lamp and a side table lamp- not good when you are cleaning in the dark or playing board games.  Yesterday, Scott decided he was going to install the new bathroom fan we bought a few days ago- ours was super old and not ventilating properly.  I nicely reminded him that since he was up in the attic replacing the vent fan, he could just mosey over the living room to see if there was anything up there.  Well, to my surprise, he did!  We went back to the store to pick up a few things he needed for the vent, and we also picked up a fan and some wiring for the new fan!  It took ALL DAY to install both of these.  He was working with nothing up there, so we had to run new wiring to the light switch.  He even installed separate switches for the fan and light.  I am sooo excited that I almost can't wait for it to get warm enough to use the fan.  This will be a lifesaver in the summer when I don't want to turn the air conditioner on.  It's the little things that make me happy.  :) 

1 comment:

etta said...

I cannot tell you how jealous I am of your ceiling fan! We have no light in our living room aside from the two lamps on the end tables. We live with a box fan in the front window to pull cool air in.