Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Bathroom: Part 2- Paint, Flooring, and Fixtures

I can't believe we are in the home stretch!  I have been waiting almost 6 years for another bathroom- and it feels good to be so close to having it completed.  Poor Scott is so worn out from using his three days off every week to work on house projects, but I keep telling him it's only a short time and will be so worth it.

Here is what happened last week...

The contractor finished up the drywall, so I was able to paint Tuesday and Wednesday.  Have I already mentioned that I HATE painting ceilings?  This is the fourth ceiling I have painted in the house.  It's SO Scott's turn.

The color is Sherwin Williams Silvermist.  I really like it!

I love the light coming in that window!

No pic, but Wednesday Scott laid the cement board that goes underneath the tile- very important!


It took us all day Thursday to cut and lay the pattern for the tile, but Scott did a great job.  I love this tile- it's 12x24 and has a little sparkle to it (I wish you could see it!).  We broke down this time and bought a wet tile saw...  we figured it would be a good investment for the full bathroom that's next on the list and the kitchen as well...  

We grouted after 24 hours with "pearl gray" grout.  It looks so nice!  Saturday I painted all the trim we saved from the door and window, and the new trim for the base.  In the evening, Scott installed the toilet and put in the sink and some of the trim.




Here is what it looks like right now...  hopefully while I am in Chicago for training this week, Scott can finish up the little things.  I would love to come home to a finished project!  :)  Stay tuned for Part 3- coming soon!

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tile. It's so pretty and unique. And, I'm drooling over the vanity. It's going to look awesome

Juggling Thoughts @ One Fine Wire said...

Oh my goodness, your bathroom is looking absolutely wonderful! Good work :)

Stop by One Fine Wire if you have a chance, I'd love to see you there!
www.finewire.blogspot.com

So nice to meet you and find your blog!