Starting in the right corner-
This is where our changing station will be.
Yes- it's a mess in this pic, but it's much cleaner now, I swear!
It's a good thing we are having a girl, because I have a ton of girly books :)
And just because I love it- our crib, which arrived Friday :)
Of course I had to show Scott putting it together- with both dogs close by. They were very interested in what was going on :)
And my fabric that arrived Monday!!! I LOVE it! The green flower print on the left is going to be valances (we can't fit floor length curtains :( ), the brown paisley on the right is going to be the crib skirt, and the rest will be pillows or other decoration. What do you think?
I am so excited all of the big stuff is finished!! Now all I need to do is fill the drawers and closet, decorate, and insert baby :)
Here is a list of what we purchased/been given so far (if I missed something you want to know about, ask me):
- Bonavita Peyton classic crib ($299 from Albeebaby.com)
- IKEA Hemnes dressers (2) and nightstand (gift)
- IKEA green shag rug (not pictured) (gift)
- IKEA billy hanging wall shelf (gift)
- IKEA Ekby wall shelves (gift)
- Dorel rocking chair and slipcover from Walmart ($230)
- baskets from Target ($12.99 each)
- two wall hangers from Hobby Lobby ($6.99 each at 1/2 off)
- fabric from etsy and ebay Panache by Sanae from Moda (~$60)
So, really, we have spent about $650 so far. We actually earned $350 from selling our old computer armoire and old bookshelves and other odds and ends on craigslist, so I don't think we are doing too badly, especially since Grandma and Grandpa bought all her furniture :). I am awaiting the arrival of double curtain rods from Walmart.com and some pink sheers from an online store as well, then we will be good to go for a while! Stay tuned for more updates!