Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring Cleaning: Part 1 (Rowan's Room)

Since I had a three day weekend last weekend, I knew I needed to tackle the Spring Cleaning checklist.  I am going to have to do a little at a time since Rowan requires a lot of attention, so I started small.  I am going to focus on one room at a time and purge, organize, and deep clean.  Honestly, this is the easiest way I have found to Spring Clean.  This year I started with Rowan's room.

First, I went through her closet and dresser to purge all her "too small" clothes.  I already packed away her newborn clothing, so I just needed to weed out the 0-3 month and 3 month items.  While doing this, I also pulled out her 3-6 month and 6 month clothes and washed them in preparation for folding and re-hanging.  Next, I went through her closet bins to see if there were any other items we no longer needed.  While many of her clothes were packed in a storage tote for future babes, a few things made it to the resale shop pile.
  

There are still a few messy looking areas, but it's because we are still in need of parts to things- stroller shade and swing play bar.  Overall, I am happy with the closet now.

After cleaning the closet, I tackled the dresser drawers- both the clothing dresser and the cloth diaper station.  I cleaned the furniture top to bottom, cleaning the items on them as well.  I also moved all the furniture, dusted and cleaned the flooring as I worked my way around the room.  



I also purged the baskets of unneeded items before I cleaned her book nook and dusted the blinds.  While I may take the blinds down and clean them more thoroughly later, I feel that Rowan's room is pretty "spring cleaned" at this point.  


Yay for having one room down!  

No comments: