Friday, May 13, 2011

Eating Local


A few weeks ago Scott, Rowan, and I tried a new restaurant that only serves local, organic food.  It is called American Harvest Eatery and they opened in mid-April.  I wish they had a website up and running so I could show you the menu, but they do not.  They also change the menu depending on the growing season.  It was hard to chose what I wanted because so many things on the menu sounded amazing, but I ended up getting the Chicken and Dumplings while Scott tried the Burger and Fries.  They were amazing!!!  I was so eager to eat that I forgot to snap a before picture of our meals, but here is what I have


Trust me- I finished it all!  The atmosphere was great too- while it looks like an upscale sort of place, the waiters and waitresses wear jeans and a simple t-shirt.  My kind of place!  

Rowan had a blast too- it was her first time sitting in a big-girl high chair at a restaurant, so she was super excited!  It was hard to get a good picture of her because she was moving around so much!


We will definitely be going back again in the future.  One of my favorite new places to go out for a bite to eat!

No comments: