Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning

Meals are something we struggle with around this house.  By the time Scott gets home from work, he is tired, plus it's late.  When I get home form work, I just want to play with Rowan and get outside for a walk or bikeride if it's nice.  We have tried meal planning in the past, but that only helps us figure out what to eat, not how/when to make it.  Sometimes we get lucky, and my Mom makes us dinner :).  She's super nice like that!

So, in an effort to save time and eat better meals, I have been pinning some slow-cooker and freezer meals on pintrest to try out.  We also recently got some Hungry Girl cookbooks from amazon, and can't wait to try out some delicious, low calorie meals.  Today we sat down and make a dinner plan for this coming week.

1) Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
2) Pesto Stuffed Chicken Shells
3) Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
4) Slow Cooker Lasagna
5) Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
6) Hungry Girl Chicken Parmesan

We will probably go out to eat next Saturday since it's Homecoming day for my school and I will be at the game and the tail gate all day, so this list will get us through next Sunday, when we will go grocery shopping again.  I will let you know how they turn out and how much they cost us!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for this post.....I've been looking for "slow cooker freezer" recipes. I'm going to blog some recipes soon :-)

etta said...

I like meal planning. I find that my grocery bill is a lot lower each week.

If you haven't already, I would seriously consider the Reynolds slow cooker liners. Cleaning my crock pot is one of my least-favorite chores. The liners make cleanup a breeze.