Saturday, January 26, 2013

Breakfast Sandwich

When I first started doing WW hardcore, I scoured the internet, especially Pinterest, for different recipes.  I found quite a few things we already ate, but l learned ways to modify them a bit to make them less points values.  My biggest hurdle was going to be breakfast.  Every morning, I ate two whole wheat blueberry waffles on the way to work.  That just wasn't going to work anymore.  My hungriest time of day is after work, so I needed to eat less points througout the day to save up for dinnertime.  So, I searched low point breakfasts that looked quick.

I happened to find a thread on a WW forum in which they were discussing breakfast sandwiches.  Yum.  I tried out a 5 point beauty that I LOVE. I ate it everyday for two weeks before switching it up a bit.  At first I thought it would take too long in the morning to make, but it really only takes about five minutes.


What you'll need:

  • One Thomas LIGHT English Muffin (3 points)
  • One wedge LIGHT Laughing Cow Cheese (1 point)
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute (1 point)
I also ended up purchasing a small egg pan so I wouldn't have to get a bigger pan dirty each day.  I found it helps to spray it with a non-stick cooking spray or coat it with olive oil before putting the egg in it.



I usually start the egg first, then put the muffin in the toaster.  By the time the egg is finished, the muffin has popped and I have "buttered" it with the cheese.  


Super quick and easy, and I (who am I kidding, I don't usually wash the dishes) Scott only needs to clean a small pan and a knife since I usually just put this on a napkin to eat on the way to work.  And like I said, I ate this every day for two weeks until too much egg started to make me feel ill.  It's a yummy breakfast and kept me full until lunch!


No comments: