Saturday, May 4, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

As a teacher, I know it is nice to be thanked every now and then for molding the minds of students (especially hormonal teenagers in my case...), so I always get a little something for Rowan's teachers.  While she doesn't go to daycare, she does go to music class, Funshop, and to a toddler pre-school class each week, and I think early education teachers are just as important as the rest of us.  This year, I turned to pinterest to inspire me with an easy, cheap gift idea since I had to purchase for five people.  I found quite a few nice gifts here, here, and here.  Ultimately, I decided to go with a variation of this gift, espescially since Bath and Body Works had a sale today on hand soaps.  Sweet!  I got 6 for $20, so I got to keep one, too!  I was a little cheesy and got fresh picked apple for all of them :).  I made the tags from cardstock I already had, and I used a large scalloped punch I already had to cut it out.  With some coordinating ribbon and a Thank You card, I think this is a cute gift for any teacher.  At only $3.50 per teacher, it did not break the bank.


No comments: